2009-09-21

Monday - time for improvisation!

OK - there`s no day without learning - I know that!
But this blog post took me sooo much time and the pictures didn´t stay there where I wanted them to be and ..... but I know the day will come when I won´t feel so stupid in front of a pc....

First the promised pictures of my new finished pouches:

I love how they turned out! And they are soo great to wear - clip on your pants and -tata- everything important in there and your hands are free, no handbag to carry!
Some of them will be in etsy and dawanda in the next days..


























Yesterday I tried out something new (for me): it´s house time!
I started with a small window -

And then sew it on a fabric square and the other stripes around...
then another one a little bigger...







Sewing on fabric is quite easy! It is fast, not so much cutting around - but the square is thicker, sturdy. It´s not so soft as I´m used to!

So the last one I did today: without the fabric: soft as usual!





These blocks are fun to make - so I started with a very big one:













OK - ich weiß, wes vergeht kein Tag ohne zu Lernen - das WEISS ich ja!
Aber dieser Blog Posting zumachen mit diesen Photos hat endlos gedauert, sie waren nie da, wo sie sein sollten oder sie waren weider weg oder..... arrrrrgh!!
Aber der Tag wird kommen - an dem ich nicht wie Groß-Doof vor dem PC sitze und wie blöd schimpfe... grins

Als erstes erst mal die versprochenen Phots der "Brieftaschen": sie sind dieses Mal etwas länglicher, die Bänder sind unterschiedlich lang.
Ich liebe diese Taschen einfach: sie sind super praktisch! An zwei Gürtelschlaufen einfädeln, Karabiner einhängen - fertig! Hände sind frei, das Wichtigste passt rein - und man braucht sich nicht um eine Handtasche zu kümmern.
Einige werden in den nächsten Tagen in etsy und in dawanda zu finden sein.
Gestern habe ich versucht, Häuser mit Fenster zu nähen!
Dieses mal mit einer anderen Technik: nähen auf einem Trägerstoff:
Angefangen hats mit einem kleinen Sprossenfenster, dann auf dem Trägerstoff den rest außenrum ... dann ein anderes Haus, etwas größer....
macht irre viel Spass und geht schnell auf dem Stoff! Das einzige, was mich stört ist dass der Block fester ist, nicht so weich wie gewöhnt! Ich bin mir noch nicht sicher, ob mir das gefällt!

So musste noch ein Haus gebaut werden, dieses mal auf die übliche Weise! Weich und biegsam!!

Das ist einfach perfect für mich: einfach drauflos nähen (ohne viel PLanung). So habe ich heute ein ganz großes genäht... mal schauen, was draus wird???

(Baumwollsamt zu nähen macht aber auch nicht gerade viiiiiiel Spass - das zeug fusselt wir verrückt!!)

3 comments:

  1. Monika I wish you lots and lots of luck with your new blog! I know I had lots of problems with posting pictures when I first started, soon it will just fall into place! Stitchy love your bags, you make everything look like a lot of fun !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo Monika,
    ist schön geworden bei dir! I am looking forward to read more stuff about and from you, again: congrats!!
    Lieben Gruß aus München von
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  3. these houses are LOVELY!
    beautiful work.
    thank you for sharing!
    from libby in Los Angeles
    (see, writing in English does make you international!)

    ReplyDelete